Large native American Tipis, handcrafted fully insulated 20' Mongolian Yurts and now the most idyllic Shepherds hut set amongst thousands of acres of wild fells, meadow and woodland..."The perfect romantic retreat...". " A wonderful family weekend away..an amazing place for children..." -
Wood burning stoves, hand crafted beds with duck down duvets, majestic candle light. Facilities heated by air source and under floor heating. Beautiful hampers full of local produce and handmade products. From one night romantic breaks and special occasions to week long family holidays, this is wild camping with more than a touch of luxury. Each Yurt, Tipi and the Shepherds Hut set in its own unique location all on its own in the 25 acre site. Bespoke workhops and activities too.
The Yurts...Merle, Esk and Houlet
( Sleep 4-6 )
Wild Northumbrian Yurts are hand crafted, bespoke structures, fully insulated for all weathers. Adapted for this climate they offer a window to the stars and changing seasons. A closeness to nature, yet with a wonderfully luxurious feel. They have wonderful local reclaimed furniture and organic, fairtrade rugs and sheepskins. All the touches you would expect to make your stay magical.
Our Yurts are fully equipped:
- With recycled woodburning stoves you can cook on and a dual gas camping stove too
- For eating…all equipment, utensils and a storage and butchers block for all your cooking essentails
- For sleeping… hand crafted, reclaimed wood king size double beds, and luxurious organic camping beds from recycled materials.
- For comfort…with rugs, sheepskins and cushions, duck down duvets and pillows
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Great decking to sit out take in the the breathtaking views around your a glowing handcrafted firebowl
- Both Tipis and Yurts have enough wood for a couple of days and candles you need included. They all have outside decking, a fire pit, hammock and reclaimed wood table. Water from water carriers filled for your stay. Extra water from a standpipe or kitchen. They all have a range of books, games and drawing materials in the kitchen area
- Cosy and warm all year round !
- Introducing the new Houlet Yurt for 2013 near our new rope swing bridge
The Shepherd Huts
- Beautiful handcrafted Shepherd Hut. Two more due for 2014
- Completely insulated with sheeps wool and hemp
- Wonderful Hobbit woodburning stoves for heating and cooking
- King size double beds with duck down bedding
- Fully equiped kitchen
- All candlelit
- Beautifully placed, exclusive locations, fabulous views
- Outside firepits with BBQ facilities
- Perfect for couples
- Family Shepherds hut for 4 coming 2014
Our Tipis are fully equipped:
- For cooking… all equipment including a little gas stove (Cook Wild if you can, its more fun!) and a lovely firebowl
- For eating… all equipment, utensils you need incluing Norwegian recycled wooden bowls, plates and cutlery
- For sleeping…with a cosy and comfy camp matresses
- For comfort… reindeer skins, rugs, sheepskins and cushions
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Decking to sit out and view the stars (darkest skies in the UK)
- All you need to do is bring your duvets/sleeping bags and pillowcases and towels. Bring your binoculars for the Buzzards!! Wellies too..
- This is wild camping in style. Tipis are ancient structures which are very much a "hands on " experience..or those who are "wild at heart..." .
- Both Brock and Tod Tipis have been totally revamped for 2013 with sanded larch floors. Tod Tipi has a wonderful new site overlooking the Tarset valley.
- New for 2014 !! A brilliant eco compost toilet by the Tipis and camping showers available.
Those little extras...
- Easter egg hunts and other seasonal activities
- Personalised hampers with local produce
- Local icecream
- Fairy walks & Wildlife watches
- Remote wildlife cameras
- Exciting workshops from Falconry, Historic Pottery to Bushcraft and Foraging
- Bat nights to stargazing nights
- A wonderful 300 year old Inn a walk away
- Thousands of acres of wild Northumberland National Park to explore
- Join in on many heart warmimg community events such as Ceilidhs and Northumbrian Nights
- Osprey watch
- Dog friendly!
- Guilded walks and bike trails
- A fabulous rope swing bridge to get from Merle and Houlet Yurt over a our deep little burn. New for 2013!
- Bring your horse! With livery close by and a 9 acre meadow on site.
- A bike friendly site with secure storage and a bike hub route
- Eco-friendly wheelbarows to your Yurt, Tipi or Shepherds Hut
- Half day ourdoor living workshops with Rob Caton of Wild Harmony available on request