The Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory, is an accessible, public astronomical observatory offering talks, activities, drop in sessions, stargazing and Astro courses to suit anyone from the absolute beginner to the professional.
Located at a Dark Sky Discovery Site in Wark and under very dark skies, the observatory offers the perfect compromise between the beautiful majesty of dark skies and the facilities offered by a 21st Century Countryside Village location:
- Luxury Astro Accommodation just metres away.
- Superb meals and snacks available, specialising in sustainable, locally sourced food.
- Free hot drinks and water available in the observatory Warm Room.
- Full mains electricity and wifi internet for all your Astro Equipment and Devices (laptops,tablets, smartphones).
- The road is open whatever the weather – even in midwinter snow, and we have plumbing!
T: 01434 230209
E: [email protected]