Superbly located for walks and leisure in the Northumberland National Park, these stunning cottages are run by the owners and have some of the best views in Northumberland. Each property leads directly out to a myriad of footpaths and bridleways with sheltered valleys, hidden waterfalls and dramatic hills, rich in wildlife and recent archaeological finds.
This idyllic setting in the Breamish river valley and Cheviot foothills is a superb base from which to explore this historic County with its wealth of castles and historic houses. The market town of Alnwick is a short drive and just beyond are all of the beautiful open sandy beaches and coves forming the Heritage Coastline, including Holy Island and the Farne Islands, renowned for bird watching. We also have an interesting choice of inns, bistros and country restaurants in the surrounding area. Ingram café lies five minutes walk away as well as home cooking on site - pizza night and tasty arrival meals.
The Retreat offers a truly unique experience. An oasis of peace and tranquillity inside the National Park with private swimming spa pool actually inside the cottage.
This former stable block has been totally remodelled to create the most luxurious, secluded, spacious, two-person detached holiday cottage you can possibly imagine, complete with its own internal swimming spa pool with resistance currents and jacuzzis.
Gate Lodge is detached single-storey and includes a private quality hot tub and infrared sauna - the perfect luxury contemporary bolthole for celebrating any special occasion in high style and including especially a honeymoon or anniversary. Soak in your own private hydrotherapy hot tub gazing up at the stars then follow this amazing experience by relaxing in the deep heat of your private, indoor infrared sauna.
Coach House is a boutique two-person self catering holiday cottage beautifully located in Northumberland National Park and now redesigned to an even more luxurious style ensuring our guests’ comfort on holiday.
This romantic and enchanting 18th century property is a top end luxury holiday cottage sympathetically converted to create a characterful hideaway perfectly suited to a couple, complete with light designer kitchen, bath and wet room with rain shower and double ended jetted hydrotherapy bath.
Special cottage features:
· All cottages enjoy VisitEngland 5 Stars Gold – rare quality grading of 100% for Retreat & Gate Lodge.
· Excellent walking and cycling from the doorstep.
· Complimentary E-bikes, mountain and countrylane bicycles.
· Astronomy Observatory professional dome on site for guests’ complimentary use.
· Superb modern bath and shower / wet rooms.
· Extra comfy super-king-size beds and guest’s choice of duvet and pillows.
· Luxury well-equipped contemporary kitchens, including wine cooler and bread machines.
· Barista-style hot chocolate velvetiser, Nespresso coffee pod machine, grinder and cafetiere.
· Updated quality sound system throughout pairs to phone or CD.
· Two EV Charging points 100 metres from cottage can be used by guests.
· Feature Fire Pit Ball in Retreat and Lodge gardens to while away the evening in style.
· Home cooked arrival meal service available to order.
· Private south-facing garden, patio and Fire Pit Balls for Retreat and Lodge.
· Direct dial-in phone facility, complimentary Super Fast Fibre WiFi.
· All bed linen, towels, gowns and slippers included.
· Where needed, hot tub/sauna/poolroom towels are supplied.
· A travel cot, fireguard, stair gates and highchair are available for Coach House.
· Full central heating included and logs where applicable.
· BBQs with starter charcoal.
· Retreat and Lodge - Sorry not suitable for children or babies.
· Coach House welcomes a dog and small child/baby.
Available for full week or short break stays these cottages are the perfect luxury hideaway for celebrating any special occasion in ultimate style.
T: 01665 578236
E: [email protected]