The King's Own Scottish Borderers regimental museum with uniforms, medals, silver and weapons telling the story of the regiment from 1689 until the present day.
The Regiment was created in 1689 as a crisis measure for the defence of Edinburgh against the Jacobites. The Regiment was recruited "by beat of drum" along the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, with (a reported) 800 men recruiting to the regiment within two hours to join with the Earl of Leven. In 2006 under changes delivered by the Future Infantry Structure the Regiment became part of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
The Regiment has an unrivalled collection of documents and pictures relating to its 317-year history. Access to the Archives may be arranged by prior appointment. Please contact the Museum for details.