The cottages were originally built circa 1815 to act as accommodation for the Coastguards, during the period of the Napoleonic Wars and retain some of the original features. The cottages in a terrace, are situated in a small, popular, traditional Northumberland fishing village. Superbly situated within walking distance of the glorious sandy beach of Embleton Bay. The village of Low Newton is a 'no through traffic' fishing village, now mainly owned by the National Trust. Also the surrounding area has been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Low Newton remains unspoilt and has the benefit of a safe sandy beach, ideal for swimming, sailing and windsurfing. In addition, lovely coastal walks to Craster and Beadnell, historic castles (Alnwick, Dunstanburgh, Bamburgh, Lindisfarne, Warkworth), all lie within easy reach. Also close by are Holy Island, the Farne Islands and the Cheviot Hills. There are unrivalled views across the bay to Dunstanburgh Castle, with Embleton golf course close by. Newton Pool, a freshwater lake behind the dunes has two bird hides and sanctuary, one hide is suitable for those with limited mobility. The nature reserve is breeding ground to many birds including Blackheaded Gull, Teal, Mute Swan, Dabchick, Sedge Warbler and Reed Bunting. Other attractions include safe, large lawned front garden with furnitiure, shared between the cottages, peace and quiet, fresh sea air and the village pub The Ship, only a short walk away.