Sandy Bay gives you everything the name suggests! Take life easy on the golden sands: enjoy family walks along the beach, building sandcastles, exploring the rock pools and soaking up the stunning clifftop scenery and views.
For even more beach fun, you’ll find the sandy beaches of Blyth and Whitley Bay nearby too, and just a few miles from park is the vintage seaside town of Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, with its magnificent promenade and traditional seaside attractions.
Back on park you’ll find plenty of activities to keep everyone happy, from the heated indoor pool to the adventure playground and amusement arcade. Plus, there’s a Showbar providing great live shows and evening entertainment the whole family will enjoy.
Sandy Bay offers a range of accommodation options for you to choose from including caravans, lodges, and touring and camping pitches. The park offers grassed pitches with electric hook-up and accepts campervans, motorhomes, touring caravans, tents and trailers.
Awarded 3 stars from Visit England and Bronze David Bellamy conservation award.
Facilities and Entertainment:
- Kids Clubs: Star Tots (4 and under); Star Landers (5-10 year olds); Unleashed (teens)
- Heated indoor pool
- Multi-sports court
- Adventure playground
- The Boathouse Bar & Restaurant
- Fish 'n' Chip takeaway
- Headliners Entertainment
For more information or to book online, visit www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk for great savings on your next holiday.
1. If travelling northbound on the A194(M), take the second exit at White Mare Pool roundabout for South Shields (A194)
2. Continue to follow the A194 and when approaching the roundabout signposted Tyne Tunnel/Morpeth (A19), take the first exit
3. Go through the Tyne Tunnel (Toll), take the second exit at the roundabout and continue along this road to Moor Farm roundabout. Here, take the fifth exit for Ashington (A189)
4. Cross the bridge across the River Wansbeck on the A189 before taking the fourth exit for Newbiggin and Sandy Bay at North Seaton roundabout. Sandy Bay Holiday Park is a little further down the road as you exit the roundabout.
The nearest bus stop is located a short 2 minute stroll from park on the B1334. Here, you'll find service numbers 35, 52 and X21 Sapphire by Arriva Bus offering return journeys to and from Woodhorn and Newbiggin.
You can reach Pegswood train station within 12 minutes if travelling by car. The main lines from this station take you through Chathill and Carlisle.
Newcastle Airport is roughly 16 miles away from Sandy Bay, which will take around 25 minutes by car. Please see the airport website for a full list of arrival and departures.
Pitches information for Sandy Bay Holiday Park
Caravans for hire
£0.00per unit per week
£0.00per unit per week
Please check website for most up to date prices.
Sandy Bay Facebook
Sandy Bay Twitter
What's nearby Sandy Bay Holiday Park, Ashington
2.09 mile(s) awayThe Commissioners Quay InnPubs, Bars & Inns
2.84 mile(s) awayBedlington Market DayMarkets
3.58 mile(s) awayBlyth Market DayMarkets
2.78 mile(s) awayArriva North EastBus & Coach
2.19 mile(s) awayQueen Elizabeth II Jubilee Country Park, Local Nature ReserveGreat Outdoors
2.42 mile(s) awayBedlington Country Park Local Nature ReserveNature and Wildlife
3.9 mile(s) awaySt Bartholomew's ChurchChurch
1.63 mile(s) away