Northumberland has been nominated to win the award for Best UK Holiday Destination in the British Travel Awards, and we just cannot understand why! We had to take action, so we have put together 15 reasons why there is absolutely no way that Northumberland is the most astounding, stunning, striking and therefore best county in the UK…
1) The beautiful, barely-trodden beaches? Meh… nothing to write home about.
Embleton Bay by Howard Boothby on Instagram
2) The sunrises aren’t really worth the early morning.
Bamburgh Beach by Steven Nunes on Instagram
3) And the sunsets are even less worth hanging around for.
Bamburgh Beach by Darren Chapman
4) So what if it has more castles than any other county in the UK?
Lindisfarne Castle by ThirdEyeTraveller
5) There’s absolutely nothing for dogs to do here.
Dunstanburgh Castle from HildaTheCocker on Instagram
6) And there isn’t much for kids to enjoy either.
Ford and Etal by Nikki Carmichael
7) Fresh, locally-sourced sea food? Not in Northumberland…
The Bamburgh Castle Inn by Matt Austin
8) Who likes their cuppa in a rustic, cosy pub with a crackling open fire anyway?
The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland by WhatStacyDid on Instagram
9) Quirky accommodation isn’t really Northumberland’s thing.
10) There’s barely an ounce of history to delve into here.
Hadrian's Wall by Monkeys_Climb_Mountains on Instagram
11) And not much wildlife to see.
The Farne Islands madm0nk on Instagram
12) It’s not like the locals are the friendliest bunch in the UK or anything.
Image by Matt Austin
13) Feeling like you have the National Park to yourself isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Northumberland National Park by monkeys_climb_mountains
14) And who on earth would want to fly a broomstick at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy?
Alnwick Castle by Jordan Raph on Instagram
15) And finally, the events here certainly won’t take your breath away.
Cinema screening at Bamburgh Castle
If you agree with all of the above, then you absolutely should not, under ANY circumstances, vote for Northumberland in The British Travel Awards.
We mean it… there are only a few weeks left until voting closes and you have until the 30th September to NOT click HERE and vote for this astounding county as the best holiday destination in the UK.