Set high on a dramatic escarpment on Hadrian's Wall World Heritage Site, Housesteads Roman Fort takes you back to the Roman Empire.
Wander the barrack blocks and the hospital. Peer into the oldest toilets you're ever likely to see, and admire the stunning panoramic views from this ancient fortress.
English Heritage's interactive museum showcases objects once belonging to Roman soldiers, and the mini-cinema will take you on a journey through time.
Pack a picnic and enjoy a Roman adventure overlooking panoramic vistas.
Note: The Fort is owned by National Trust but managed by English Heritage. The car park is owned by Northumberland National Park and parking charges apply.
Housesteads Roman Fort is a venue for ...
Housesteads Roman Fort features in the itinerary...
Housesteads Roman Fort is part of English Heritage and so are...
- Chesters Roman Fort, Chollerford (Historic sites)
- Housesteads Roman Fort, Haydon Bridge (Historic sites)
- Corbridge Roman Town (Hadrian's Wall), Corbridge (Historic sites)
- Warkworth Hermitage, Warkworth (Historic sites)
- Brinkburn Priory, Rothbury (Historic sites)
- Dunstanburgh Castle, Craster (Historic sites)
- Aydon Castle, Corbridge (Historic sites)
- Warkworth Castle, Warkworth (Historic sites)
- Temple of Mithras, Chollerford (Historic sites)
- Etal Castle, Etal (Historic sites)
- Prudhoe Castle, Prudhoe (Historic sites)
- Lindisfarne Priory, Holy Island (Historic sites)
- Edlingham Castle, Edlingham (Historic sites)
- Walltown Crags Wall and Turret, Greenhead (Historic sites)
- Black Carts Turret (Hadrian's Wall), Haydon Bridge (Historic sites)
- Sewingshields Wall, Turrets and Milecastle Hadrian's Wall, Haydon Bridge (Historic sites)
- Brunton Turret (Hadrian's Wall), Bellingham (Historic sites)
- Winshields Roman Wall and Milecastle Hadrian's Wall, Bardon Mill (Historic sites)
- Black Middens Bastle House, Bellingham (Historic sites)
- Cawfields Roman Wall and Milecastle (Hadrian's Wall), Haltwhistle (Historic sites)
- Heddon-on-the-Wall Hadrian's Wall, Heddon-on-the-Wall (Historic sites)
- Birdoswald Roman Fort, Gilsland (Historic sites)
- How to be a Roman Soldier, Chollerford (Family event)
Ticketing and entry prices for Housesteads Roman Fort
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
(2 adults, 3 children)
Free entry to English Heritage & National Trust Members.
Impressive remains of a 4th century Roman Fort
Good overview of Roman activity in the area
Preserving our history, beautifully.
@EHHadriansWall on Twitter
Housesteads on Facebook
What's nearby Housesteads Roman Fort, Haydon Bridge
2.62 mile(s) awayAncient BritainTours, Tour Guides and Courses
3.88 mile(s) awayThe Sill - Landscape Discovery CentreGroup Attraction
2.61 mile(s) awayTwice Brewed InnPubs, Bars & Inns
2.87 mile(s) awayErrington Reay & Co LtdGarden Centre
2.65 mile(s) awayHaydon Bridge Tourist Information PointTourist Information Point
4.18 mile(s) awayHenshaw BarnBed & Breakfast
3.07 mile(s) awayVindolandaGroup Attraction
1.85 mile(s) away