The Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory, is an accessible, public astronomical observatory offering talks, activities, drop in sessions, stargazing and Astro courses to suit anyone from the absolute beginner to the professional.
Located at a Dark Sky Discovery Site in Wark and under very dark skies, the observatory offers the perfect compromise between the beautiful majesty of dark skies and the facilities offered by a 21st Century Countryside Village location:
- Luxury Astro Accommodation just metres away.
- Superb meals and snacks available, specialising in sustainable, locally sourced food.
- Free hot drinks and water available in the observatory Warm Room.
- Full mains electricity and wifi internet for all your Astro Equipment and Devices (laptops,tablets, smartphones).
- The road is open whatever the weather – even in midwinter snow, and we have plumbing!
Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory is a venue for ...
Ticketing and entry prices for Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory
|Type||Entry for||Guide price|
AVOID - Lack of contact once they have your money
Excellent for sky gazing knowledge
Thoroughly enjoyable, safe and insightful!
A cloudy sky
Follow us on Twitter
What's nearby Battlesteads Dark Sky Observatory, Hexham
3.62 mile(s) awayBattlesteadsHotel
0.02 mile(s) awayLuxury Two Night Northumberland Stay for Two from Â£149.00Offer Accommodation
4.48 mile(s) awayBrown Rigg Guest RoomsBed & Breakfast
4.28 mile(s) awayBattlesteadsRestaurants
0.12 mile(s) awayBellingham Camping and Caravanning Club SiteCaravan & Camping
4.02 mile(s) awayHallBarns B&BBed & Breakfast
2.24 mile(s) awayCoachmans and Stable CottagesSelf Catering
0.85 mile(s) away