Visitor Charter | Respect Protect and Enjoy Northumberland
Look after others and yourself
- Put your own health and that of those around you first.
- Wear a face covering when required and observe social distancing.
- Regularly use hand sanitiser and wash your hand frequently.
- Do not travel if you have been told to isolate or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Be considerate of your host - if you start to feel unwell, tell staff. They’ll have plans in place and will know who to call.
- Be considerate of other guests - if symptoms develop self isolate, get tested, go home if you can.
- Adhere to Government advice and guidelines at all times.
Know before you go
- It’s time to enjoy Northumberland. Check for restrictions at visitnorthumberland.com
- Look out for businesses supporting 'We’re Good to Go' industry standard scheme.
- Check ahead - is where you're going open and do you need to pre-book?
- Always check for any local restrictions or guidelines on how to enjoy the wider destination safely.
- Follow @VisitNLand for latest 'open' updates and Covid travel advice.
- Respect guidelines in place and be considerate of local communities.
- Stay safe and do not put yourself or others in harm’s way
- Always follow the guidelines in place at attractions and places of interest - they are there to protect you.
- Support our local businesses, so many great things are Produced in Northumberland
- Protect Northumberland’s landscape, environment and precious resources for others to be able to enjoy.
- Be responsible at the coast, respect our heritage and protect wildlife and nature.
- If it's busy, move on and explore somewhere different as there’s plenty to see and do.
- Leave no trace of your visit - please take your litter with you.
- Join us in supporting Northumberland’s unique, local tourism industry.
- Seek out endless experiences away from the crowds
- Leave the car behind - get to know the area on foot, by bike, by bus.
- Visit fewer locations over a longer space of time and really get to know the area.
- Enjoy getting off the beaten track and observe the Countryside Code.
- Share your experiences with @VisitNLand
If you are planning to visit Northumberland from an area with locally imposed Covid-19 restrictions, these are the seven simple steps we ask you to take:
- Familiarise yourself with our visitor charter to make your visit to Northumberland more enjoyable.
- Northumberland is ready to welcome you, but please only socialise indoors with members of your own household or support bubble.
- You can stay in a hotel, hostel or bed and breakfast with another household, but should avoid sharing rooms with people you do not live with.
- You can stay in a private home - which includes self-catered accommodation such as holiday cottages, apartments or boats - but only with members of your own household or support bubble.
- Conduct yourself as if you were at home - avoid socialising indoors with people you do not live with, for example in each other's rooms, in reception areas, or in restaurants and bars.
- Please do not travel to Northumberland in a shared private vehicle or share a caravan or boat with another household.
- Respect, protect and enjoy Northumberland, but above all else, follow the rules, look after yourself and protect others.
#EnjoyNorthumberland #KnowBeforeYouGo #RespectProtectEnjoy