Update on the current situation regarding Kielder Water & Forest Park opening.
We can confirm that the Park will remain open and accessible during the period of Covid-19 national restrictions from Thursday 5 November until Thursday 3 December.
While the regulations discourage unnecessary travel, we appreciate that the area provides surroundings in which local people can enjoy their daily exercise and it is important to ensure that parking and other facilities are available for this.
For those further afield, we would encourage people to spend their outdoor time closer to home, and we look forward to having you visit us again at a time when travel is more appropriate.
In line with national guidance, please respect our environment, other visitors and residents, staying clear of residential areas, local shops, and services.
• The full network of walks and trails, including the Lakeside Way and mountain biking routes.
• Car parking at Kielder Castle, Tower Knowe Visitor Centre, Kielder Waterside, Bakethin, Skyspace Lower parking area, Matthews Linn, Hawkhope. Elf Kirk and the south corner of Kielder dam.
• Toilets at Kielder Castle, Tower Knowe Visitor Centre and Kielder Waterside.
• Bike Hire at The Kielder Cycle Centre- operated by the Bike Place at Kielder Castle
• Bank fishing on Kielder Water.
The following services will not be available during this time of restrictions:
• Landal Kielder Waterside will be closed for lodge guests along with on-site retail and food and drinks provisions.
• The visitor centre, shop, and Wafflemeister at Tower Knowe.
• All facilities at Calvert Kielder
• All events and facilities at Kielder Observatory
• Kielder Birds of Prey Centre.
Over the coming weeks we will continue to communicate using social media and via our website so please make sure you are following us to hear our latest news.
Thank you for your understanding and support. Stay safe and well.