Head to the Heatherslaw Light Railway on Sunday 25th June to enjoy their “Teddies on the Train” day. There will be Teddies of all shapes and sizes working and playing at the Railway. Feel free to bring your own Teddy along to join in the fun. You can also adopt a Teddy for the day. You can take them for a ride on the train, visit the Heatherslaw Cornmill and take them for lunch at either the Lavender Tearooms or Heatherslaw Tearoom.
- See the Teddies working and having fun at the Railway
- Adopt a Teddy for the day and using our Teddy passport take your adopted Teddy out for the day.
- Take your Teddy with his passport and you will get free entry into the Cornmill (you need to take a paying adult with you). Ask the Miller to let your Teddy ride on his infamous sack hoist rides.
- Visit the Heatherslaw Tearoom with your Teddy and passport and if your family is eating at the Tearoom you will get a free treat.
- Take your Teddy and passport on the train to Etal and visit the Lavender Tearooms. If your family orders food or refreshments at the Tearoom, you will get a free treat.
- When you return the Teddy and passport to the Ticket Office at Heatherslaw you will get a free bonus gift.
- There will be a bric-a-brac table in aid of Northumberland Air Ambulance at Heatherslaw Station to keep your Mum/Dad/Grandma/Grandad/Auntie/Uncle/Other Adults entertained.
- Send your Teddy photos to [email protected] so everyone can see what fun you and your Teddy got up to!
- To get a Teddy and passport, you need to be accompanied by an adult and both you and your adult have to buy a ticket to travel on the Heatherslaw Light Railway.
- Teddies are limited, so early arrival is advised to save disappointment if all Teddies are out and about with friends when you arrive.
- If you are under the age of three years old your Mummy or Daddy will have to decide whether the Teddies are suitable for your age group.