Sixth Annual Morpeth Food and Drink Festival sponsored by Lexus Newcastle - Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th October 2018!
The festival was launched five years ago and has since grown year on year. Now taking place over two days, the event not only features the very best in the regions food and drink traders but a packed weekend of entertainment!
This year, we are bringing you even more festival fun:
• More Food and Drink Stalls
• A Street Food Quarter serving everything from burgers to fish and chips
• The Posh Pen - A secluded alcohol drinking area
• The Live Music stage has been extended and now includes evening sessions. Saturday 11am – 6pm and Sunday 11am – 4pm, Sponsored by Morpeth Town Council.
• Even more fantastic Local and Regional Chef Demonstrations.
Saturday 9am – 3pm and Sunday 10am – 3pm sponsored by Morpeth and District Chamber of Trade
• Morpeth Pipe Band performing at 11:30am on Sunday
• Pop into Morpeth Town Hall for tasting sessions and talks. There will be two on each day, from gin to craft beer. The Town Hall is sponsored by Strutt & Parker.
• The farmers market on Morpeth Market Square will again accompany the traders, serving local produce as they do on the first Saturday of every month.
• There is entertainment for all ages to enjoy. Kids’ activities include stilt walkers, face painting, Punch and Judy shows and a carousel!
• The free Park and Ride service returns this year- so there is no need to worry about parking. The buses run every half an hour from County Hall to Morpeth Bus Station bringing you right to the centre of all the festival action. Park and Ride service is sponsored by Northern Gas Networks.
None of this could be possible without all of our sponsors, especially our main sponsor Lexus Newcastle. Thank you all for your support!
We would love to hear what you think of this year’s event so please leave your comments on our Facebook or Twitter page with the hashtag #morpethfoodfest.
The festival opens Saturday 6th October, 9am – 6pm and Sunday 7th October, 10am – 4pm.
Morpeth Food and Drink Festival – Free Entry.